Lawn Control Center has been serving Westlake, OH and the surrounding area with high quality lawn care since 1999. Whether you have a residential property or commercial property in need of reliable lawn care, call the professionals at Lawn Control Center. With our variety of services such as lawn aeration for better root health and perimeter pest control to keep bugs out of your house, we can keep your Westlake home beautiful and comfortable.
Westlake, Ohio is located near Lake Erie in Cuyahoga County. Situated 15 miles west of Cleveland and about 45 miles north of Akron, Westlake is a great community to settle down in when you want to be near the big city but enjoy the suburban amenities. Westlake is just less than 16 square miles in size and has a population of approximately 32,500 residents.
In 1810, before Westlake was a city, folks settled in what was then called Dover Township. In 1811, the township was officially incorporated by the handful of citizens who called this area their home. Many of the streets found throughout Westlake are named after these early settlers. The area was originally a dense forest which was cleared away to make room for farms as well as open areas for raising livestock like horses, cattle and sheep.
Toward the end of the 19th century, a railroad line was placed through the community. Along with wheat and corn, grapes had become one of the main exports from Westlake. In fact, by the latter part of the 1800’s, Westlake was the second largest shipping point for grapes.
It was not until 1940 that Dover Township officially took on the name Westlake to avoid confusion with Dover, Ohio which is 90 miles to the south. At the time, it was incorporated as a village. In 1957, Westlake became a city. From 1950 to 1960, Westlake grew by leaps and bound with the population booming from 4,900 to 12,900.
Parks in Westlake OH
There are five parks located in Westlake and they offer plenty of beautiful and scenic spaces as well as activities and amenities designed for the outdoor enthusiast.
• Bradley Nature Park – This 20-acre park has a sledding hill, playground, nature trails and great spots for picnics and grilling.
• Clague Park – There is a lot to enjoy here from ponds and pools to walking trails and baseball diamonds. Kids will love the playground and history buffs will appreciate the Clague House Museum.
• Recreation Center Park – This 86-acre park has soccer fields, baseball fields and tennis courts as well as a fishing pier, a 5 acre stocked lake and playgrounds.
• Roman Park – At 13 acres, Roman Park is ideal for kids who want to play on the playground and teams looking for a great baseball/softball field.
• Tri-City Park – Everything from baseball fields to tennis courts to playgrounds are available at this park.
Events in Westlake
Westlake residents get to enjoy plenty of annual events. Helping to bring the community together are eight events hosted by the city such as:
• Memorial Day Parade
• Westlake in Bloom
• 4th of July Parade and Fireworks
• Fall Festival and Pumpkin Hunt
• Christmas Tree Lighting
Choosing Lawn Control Center
With all the fun events, outdoor activities and things to do in nearby Cleveland, why waste time fertilizing your own lawn? When you choose Lawn Control Center for your lawn care, you will have a professional crew using high quality fertilizers and trusted methods to help your grass grow strong and healthy.
When it comes to lawn aeration, perimeter pest control and lawn care in Westlake OH, give Lawn Control Center a call.